Just a couple of my pendants from the show this past weekend. Sorry there weren’t more updates but between getting ready for the show, my husband getting sick, me fighting that off and being in the grips of a migraine last night this morning my computer time has been at an all time low.
Had a pretty good showing and I’m encouraged with the response to my work from the show this past Sat. I’ve signed up for a couple of shows this Fall in Sept. and Oct. I’m looking forward to those once the temperatures have cooled off a bit and it’s not so brutal outside.
On Monday I managed to get several more boxes packed up. I am having trouble making heads or tails of things in my studio so I started moving boxes out of the studio into a spare room. I also need to pick up some colored duck tape and start color coding things. A strip of red on any boxes that fragile and then pick a color for each room. I’m far behind on going through things. sigh
Anyway, I’m also working on adding my jewelry to my Etsy shop so keep an eye out there if you are interested in buying any!
I had an idea this week that took a couple of days to accomplish. I did a layered pour and this is one of the pieces that came out of that experiment. I poured a layer in some molds with a glitter resin and let it set and cure for a day. Before removing it from the mold I finished filling the mold with resin colored with mica pigment. This one came out rather nice! Some of the other pieces turned out okay I just didn’t like them as well either because of the way I oriented the slant with the pour or I’m not thrilled with the color choices I made.
But the mica pigments had just arrived and I didn’t know the exact look I would get with some of these so lesson learned. I’ve also learned that a good deal of these colors change their look according to what the background color is. When I start hitting markets around here I believe I might do a display with say 6 of the same piece, same color and put them all on different colors of background so folks can see just how a piece can and does change according to what it’s laying on and then they can make choices from there.
Now I need to concentrate on getting everything I’ve poured the past week or two with jump rings, onto ribbons and chains and listed in my Etsy shop. That is a huge job with trying to get photographs to properly show this resin! No small task there. So I continue to play and pour when the weather allows and work on all sorts of fun stuff!
Falling on my head like a memory – admit it, you just sang that in your head! LOL At least any self respecting Eurythmics fan did. Last weekend was wet, we dried up enough to be able to pour resin during the week and we are raining again this weekend. The week was so crazy I lost a day somewhere and thought Thursday was Wednesday! But my allergies did not help.
This year pollen here in MD is killer. Folks who don’t normally have problems are having problems and those of us who do have trouble are just miserable. I’m trying to keep from going in for a breathing treatment, but may be fighting a losing battle here.
Anyway – yay! I had the time and the weather to get some resin poured this past week! I need to get jump rings in a lot of them still, and I need to start taking photos and start listing them on Etsy and look at possible hitting Maker’s Market at Annemarie Gardens. This is a few examples of how I spent my time this week…
It is difficult to get good photos of the confetti/glitter, but I love how the mouse came out! That one is awesome. The micro glitter in the sakura blossom is terrific along with the matte color of the elephant and giraffe in the wooden pendants. It’s difficult to see but the metal bezel has star confetti in it. I have a lot more I poured, this is just a “taste”. I’ll try to get more photos up soon.