I had an idea this week that took a couple of days to accomplish. I did a layered pour and this is one of the pieces that came out of that experiment. I poured a layer in some molds with a glitter resin and let it set and cure for a day. Before removing it from the mold I finished filling the mold with resin colored with mica pigment. This one came out rather nice! Some of the other pieces turned out okay I just didn’t like them as well either because of the way I oriented the slant with the pour or I’m not thrilled with the color choices I made.
But the mica pigments had just arrived and I didn’t know the exact look I would get with some of these so lesson learned. I’ve also learned that a good deal of these colors change their look according to what the background color is. When I start hitting markets around here I believe I might do a display with say 6 of the same piece, same color and put them all on different colors of background so folks can see just how a piece can and does change according to what it’s laying on and then they can make choices from there.
Now I need to concentrate on getting everything I’ve poured the past week or two with jump rings, onto ribbons and chains and listed in my Etsy shop. That is a huge job with trying to get photographs to properly show this resin! No small task there. So I continue to play and pour when the weather allows and work on all sorts of fun stuff!