It’s been humid and rainy the past few days. I’ve been wanting to play with the resin and can’t due to the weather. In the meantime I have been trying to match a certain color blue yarn and I do believe I came pretty darn close. Once the weather is nice and I have the time I’ll be trying it in some resin for a shawl pin to match the yarn.
So, or sew, in the meantime I’m working on some sewing projects and trying to figure out the logistics of working small again with all of that. I used to only have the dining room table to work with and projects had to be put away each night for dinner, then when we moved here I got – whoa – an entire bedroom!!!! And trust me that was amazing – but I quickly outgrew it. LOL When our son moved out I got the room over the garage which equated to roughly 325-350 sq. ft. of space which has served me well for many years – until the floor loom showed up. LOL You see how things have just invaded and taken over more and more of the house here! Luckily my husband indulges me.
It is time though to streamline and focus instead of the “shotgun” approach. But with my ADD/Oh Shiny/Hey that looks neat, I wanna try that nature this is difficult. Not to mention the stable of er, um roughly 20-ish sewing machines to pare down. (me, now sheepishly looking around and wondering if I have more possibly and have forgotten any) gulp Plus, I need to find friendly art that is smaller to travel well with me in the RV.
Anyway, it’s tough to get back into the routine of cutting fabrics and keeping things in a small area when you’ve had larger! LOL I did get about a dozen of my little snap bags made for the shop and will deliver those soon. I had a few cut out and waiting but some needed linings cut, I cut some new ones, and all needed interfacings cut. I’m also working on some new baseball bracelets to freshen up the display in the shop as well. (New View Fiber Works in downtown Leonardtown, MD – stop by if you have the chance!)
These are the little snap bags that will be showing up in the shop and the bracelets below are somewhat ready. I’ve decided to rework some of them and “jazz up” the beading on them. More pictures to come on those. But you get the idea and I do have several that are headed to the shop as well.
Still working away even though the rain has dampened the resin bug, but not down and out – too many other things to get done!